Warm & Safe Homes Cornwall
We are working with the Cornish charity Community Energy Plus, with sponsorship from Wales & West Utilities, to deliver the Warm & Safe Homes project in Cornwall.
The project is based on the successful Warm & Safe Homes project launched in Cardiff during 2017 by Warm Wales.
In Cornwall student volunteers from the University of Exeter’s Cornwall campus, together with staff from Community Energy Plus are carrying out doorstep surveys in targeted communities.
They will also be engaging householders at a number of key locations and events across Cornwall over the coming months.
Completed surveys are followed up with calls from the charity’s fully trained energy advisors to provide advice, referrals and signposting to a range of services to help participants save money and have a warmer, safer homes. The services being offered will include:
- Help with your energy bills – cheaper prices, discounts and savings
- Help with your household budget and income maximisation
- Extra help from the electricity, gas and water companies
- Home safety such as fire safety checks, smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- Grants for heating systems and insulation